This town used to be called 'Gaadi Palya', meaning 'a resting station for bullock carts' (before the arrival of automobiles), probably en route to Mysore, the nearest city 47 kilometers away. Hunsur is also well known for timber trade, especially teak. Hunsur Teak is noted for its quality and durability; Another important trade activity is tobacco growing and tobacco auctions. Consolidated Coffee Curing Works employs many people in coffee bean processing. This location is also a growing market for sheep farming. Farmlands are spread in abundance in this beautiful town.
Established in 1945 is a 20 acres Private Forest with a variety of forest trees (Teak, Rose wood, Sandal wood etc) fruit trees (Mangoes, Chiku, Papaya, Banana etc) and Rice /fodder crops. Blessed with salubrious climate during best part of the year.
Ride Meeting Point & Time: NICE road exit on Mysore road by 6:30 AM.
GOOGLE LINK : https://goo.gl/maps/4CuWuVCAszp
14/07/2018: Leave from Bangalore and have breakfast on the way. Have lunch at homestay and enjoy the activities.
15/07/2018: Post breakfast leave for Bangalore.
Bangalore ->Ramnagara -> Madduru -> Mandya -> Srirangapattana -> Yelwala -> Hunsur
[Ride plan is subject to change at the discretion of the club depending on on-road situations and incidents.]
FARE: Rs.2300/- Per head.
- This fare includes 1 night stay in homestay on sharing basis, 2 breakfasts, 1 lunch and 1 dinner.
- We will try our best to arrange for good bed and food. Having said, riders should be ready to adjust in any kind of accommodation and food depending on the place.
- This fare DOES NOT include mineral water, lunch on Day 2, other fare, entry charges, toll fee and anything else not mentioned in includes.
- FOR REGISTRATION KINDLY SEND A MAIL TO firstname.lastname@example.org
- PARTICIPATION WILL BE CONFIRMED STRICTLY ON RECEIPT OF REGISTRATION EMAIL AND RIDE REGISTRATION FEE.
- RIDE REGISTRATION FEE – RS. 2300* TO CONFIRM YOUR PARTICIPATION FOR THE RIDE.
* = Bank details will be shared via mail.
- PARTICIPANTS SHOULD BE PREPARED FOR UNFORESEEN CIRCUMSTANCES. WE TRY OUR BEST TO MAKE ARRANGEMENTS. WE EXPECT RIDERS TO COOPERATE.
- STAY WILL BE IN COTTAGES/TENTS.
- ALL COTTAGES/TENTS WILL BE STRICTLY ON SHARING BASIS.
THINGS TO CARRY:
2 liters water bottle
Toiletries (Comb, Shampoo, Tissue paper, Soap, Tooth Brush etc.)
Small Torch with new Batteries
Energy foods such as chocolates, Nutri-bars, juice packs, etc.
Full face Helmet (MANDATE), Shoes, Riding Jacket (Armored), Knees guards/Riding pant for both rider and pillion
Spares (Clutch Cable, Throttle Cable, Chain link lock, Spark Plug, Fuse, tube etc.)
Facebook Link : http://bangaloremotorcycleclub.com/rid/109
|Day||Date||Route & Distance||Description||Overnight|