Northeast India is the eastern-most region of India. It comprises of the contiguous Seven Sister States (Arunachal Pradesh, Assam, Manipur, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Nagaland, and Tripura), and the Himalayan state of Sikkim. The Siliguri Corridor in West Bengal, with a width of 21 to 40 kilometres, connects the North Eastern region with East India. The region shares more than 4,500 kilometres of international border with China (Tibet) in the north, Myanmar in the east, Bangladesh in the southwest, and Bhutan to the northwest.
One of the least explored yet most beautiful regions of India is the farthest states in the North Eastern part of India. These remote frontiers are places of rugged natural beauty, tribal cultures and people, dramatic landscapes and exotic cuisines. Our journey to the North East this time covers the states of Assam, Arunachal Pradesh and Meghalaya. We start out journey at Guwahati, the capital of Assam and proceed to Arunachal Pradesh. Arunachal is perhaps the last sanctuary for India’s natural and anthropological heritage with 26 major and more than 100 sub tribes living in the quaint mountain villages and around lush tropical jungles. An ideal destination for the offbeat traveller, we explore tribal villages in beautiful valleys, ride through high mountain passes and visit frozen lakes. On our journey we visit Monpa tribe villages in far off Zemithang on the Bhutan - China border, cross the Sela pass at 13700 feet, visit high altitude lakes of Pangateng Tso and Tsungatsar, visit one of the most important Monasteries at Tawang and pass scenic valleys and jungles. Our ride continues to the claimed wettest place on Earth, Meghalaya. We visit Nohkalikai falls and trek to experience the ‘Living root bridge’. Wind up our last leg of our ride by visiting a small border town in the Jaintia Hills, Dawki and its famed river Umngot. Sandwiched between India and Bangladesh, the surrounding greenery, the cold, crystal clear water of the river and the beautiful suspension bridge on the River Umngot is the place to relax and share experiences of the ride.
Riding on this 15 days adventure, it is going to be a one of a kind experience!
GUWAHATI - BOMDILA - TAWANG - ZEMITHANG - TAWANG - DIRANG - TEZPUR - CHERRAPUNJI - DAWKI - GUWAHATI
RIDE COST: Rs.30, 000 PER PERSON
Note: Carry some additional cash to meet any unforeseen situations.
THIS FARE INCLUDES
• 14 Breakfasts with 15 Nights stay only
• Mechanic charges
THIS FARE DOES NOT INCLUDE
• Flight/Train/Bus fare for riders to reach Guwahati.
• To & Fro Cargo charges for bikes.
• Lunch, Dinner, Mineral Water, Snacks, Coffee/Tea etc.
• Entry tickets, Camera charges etc. in sight seeing places.
• Required PERMITS. (Has to be done by individual)
• Other than mentioned in INCLUDES.
• Ride to ‘North East India’ IS LIMITED TO 18 PARTICIPANTS ONLY
• FOR REGISTRATION KINDLY SEND A MAIL TO email@example.com
• REGISTRATION WILL BE CLOSED ONCE THE CLUB HAS 18 CONFIRMED PARTICIPANTS. HENCE, REGISTRATION WILL BE STRICTLY ON ‘FIRST COME FIRST SERVE’ BASIS.
• CONFIRMED & AVAILABLE SLOTS WILL BE UPDATED ON BMC FB PAGE & FB GROUP UNTIL CLUB CONCLUDES THE REGISTRATION.
• SINCE WE WILL BE STAYING REMOTEST AREAS AND THERE ARE VERY LESS OPTIONS OF HOTELS IN MOST OF NORTH EAST PLACES WE RIDE, IT IS DIFFICULT TO ACCOMMODATE MORE THAN 18 PARTICIPANTS. HENCE, RIDERS WILL BE GIVEN PRIORITY. PILLIONS INTERESTED TO PARTICIPATE CAN DROP A MAIL TO firstname.lastname@example.org IF THERE ARE ANY SLOTS AVAILABLE/CANCELLATION; THE SAME WILL BE COMMUNICATED POST AUGUST 2017.
Ride Registration Fee – Rs. 5000 to confirm your participation for the ride
1st Payment –Rs.10, 000 on/before 5th August 2017
Final Payment –Rs.15, 000 on/before 30th September 2017
• Participation will be confirmed strictly on receipt of Registration email and Ride registration fee.
• No cancellation 45 days prior to ride.
• Any cancellation post 15th August 2017 will be refunded ONLY with the Ride registration fee.
• Bank details for NEFT payments towards the ride will be shared only if the participant has made the payment of Ride Registration fee and sent mail to email@example.com
• PARTICIPANTS MUST BE ACCEPTABLE TO THE CHANGES IN ITINERARY IF REQUIRED DUE TO ROAD OR CLIMATIC CONDITIONS. ALL DECISIONS BY THE CLUB AND OUR LOGISTICS PARTNER WILL BE FINAL.
• Stay will be in Hotels/Guesthouses/Tents.
• All rooms/tents will be 2 to 4 bedded (Strictly on room sharing basis).
• Long distance rides on Day 2 & 10. Though we ride 350 KMS, we are doing it mostly on highway roads so it will take around 9 to 10 hours. Day 4,6 & 7 will take longer time though the distance is minimal.
• Fuel stations are available throughout, however participants should be prepared for unforeseen circumstances. We will be trying our best to make arrangements for carrying fuel. We expect riders to co-operate in carrying a few bottles in Saddle Bags, Carriers etc.
|Day||Date||Route & Distance||Description||Overnight|
|1||2017-10-27||ARRIVE IN GUWAHATI|
ARRIVE IN GUWAHATI
Guwahati to Bomdila
Bomdila To Tawang
Tawang To Bhumlapass
Tawang To Zemithang
Zemithang To Tawang
Tawang To Dirang
DIRANG (Rest Day)
Dirang To Tezpur
Tezpur To Cherrapunji
CHERRAPUNJI (Rest Day)
Cherrapunji To Dawki
Dawki To Guwahati
DAY TO PACK AND SEND BIKES